Monday, November 29, 2010

Emails from the heart

After I speak I receive emails from students who connect with the message. This is one that stayed with me.

Hello Mr. Presnell.
My name is Jenna. Yesterday you came to my school, Cascade High, and you spoke to us. Your story is incredible. I was in tears when I was listening to it. I walked up to you with 2 of my friends, one who told you her poem about her aunt. I couldn't talk to you because I was so moved, my throat was closed.

I have a story like yours, but not as hard as yours. I have 3 diseases and will be blind in 2 years. When you talked about how painful it is to stay in one place for a long time, I knew what you meant. It hurts me to stay still. i have to constantly change the way I am sitting or standing due to the pain. I have been in and out of the hospital since I was born. It is extremely painful when your "friends" stop being around you because you aren't "normal".

I think everyone deserves a friend no matter what.

One of my best friends older brother was brain dead, and i helped take care of him until he passes away in 2007. I'm sorry if I'm just rambling, but I would like to talk to you more and be your friend. I think you are a true inspration and a true, honest hero.

I've sent your video telling your story to many of my friends in Louisiana. Thank you for never giving up and just saying "I quit" when life threw you a tough one. It gives me more strength to never give up when i lose my sight.

Thank you soo much.

Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments.