Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Little Bros School Project

My younger brother was given a project in school in which the class had to bring a moving poem in and read out loud in front of everyone.  He is a 12th grader at Skyview High School.  The same school that my twin brother and I had BARELY graduated from.  My little bro is on the exact same pace as we were...lol.  He'll make it though!  My younger sister always set the bar pretty high for us brothers.  I'm beginning to ramble!  Back to the post...  My little brother called and asked if I could give him some deep writing of mine because he knows how much of it I have.  I said sure...  I started going through old journals of mine that I had kept in high school to try and find something deep that could relate to the teens he'll read it to.  After a few minutes I found one of my favorites during those years that I had even sent in to have copywritten.  Older writings always bring back crazy emotions and this one definitely did.  I figured I'd post it for all of you.  This one is about as real as it gets... I never gave it a title.  It can be whatever you feel after the last line.

12th Grade,
The biggest struggle of all,
Tryin to flip the page,
But the pain makes me slip up and fall,
Temptations at every corner that call,
My name,
The peers make it seem easy,
So why am I goin insane,
Ready to chase after and capture dreams,
But mistakes have me slow in my ways,
So don't make em!!!
They say,
But it's so easy to fray,
Especially with an injured mind like mine,
Where I'm forgettin each day,
Scars cover my body,
The pain shoots through my legs,
If it wasn't for my family,
There wouldn't be much more I could take,
I've lived through them for years,
One day I'll find the strength,
I smile through tears,
Does it mean that I have it,
The only way I can wake,
Is to understand that he planned it,
But how!!!
I can't stand this!!!
The driver walks through the halls,
I wish the ones that gave him attention,
Knew of the pain that he caused,
The doctors say I won't live to be sixty,
But he'll live that long,
He has dates for every dance,
My mother tells me the anger is wrong,
I can't stop it,
My legs wont even give me the chance,
To get up and dance at my prom,
I'm not begging for sorry,
It's high school,
He's to cool to say,
I just thought we were friends,
My pains on his mind,
When his eyes shut it replays,
He crys and I know it,
He can't be THAT sane,
His pride just wont show it,
It will past this age,
So I'm hopin one day,
And I'll pray that he trys,
To learn from this painful mistake,
And change the way he drives...

Tyler Presnell 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments.