Sunday, February 6, 2011

Your Image Really Means Nothing...

I had to relearn everything once I woke up from my coma in 1999. Ice skating was something I didn't care to relearn. On 2/5/2011 we all wanted to go do something and my sister's fiance mentioned ice sakting. I smiled and said, "lets do it!!!". I looked rediculous out there... Who cares though! I have a traumatic brain injury and did not want to hit my head on the ice. So I wore a helmit and was keeping my balance with something the little kids were using. I was also relearning how to skate with a paralyzed right foot. By the end of our skate session I was skating like every other beginner out there. Shaky but able to stay up on my own. This is exactly how we should drive! It doesn't matter how you look out there. Just take it slow and steady. That also goes for you adults that think because of your age you know everything. Most of you need to go back to drivers ed! I know I'm going to sound like an old timer saying this but its true... Slow and steady wins the race. I know for a fact that you know someone who has died from a car crash. We all do. Its a part of our lives now. Sad but true... Shouldn't that be enough to convince us to take it easy out there...?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments.